Friday, May 7, 2010

CRUNCH week

So.
My girlfriend just finished law school and is out of town for a week. I am waiting to set a date for mixing, but hoping to schedule it for later this month. What does that mean? I have LOTS of work to do! The nice thing is, I'm at a point where each song just has a few finishing touches left. I'm getting VERY excited. I've been working for about 10 hours so far today, and I have finished 5 songs including 2 with LOTS of editing work.
Songs that are now done:
Happy Song
So They Say
Tired Lonely Fools
Wind Will Back
and:

What If We Try (Falling Down?) - need to decide on the title.
For the record, this is the FIRST sample I'm posting that has the final lead vocals on it! Yay! Of course, when I go to the studio for mixing, we'll compress it, add reverb, and make it sound a lot cooler. Still, at least it's in tune now.

I'm trying to take good care of my voice so that I don't overdo the singing, but I think I have one more song in me tonight. Should I go for Gotta Get Out tonight? Maybe something a little more low-key. It's the age-old conundrum: Singing the tough song early so my voice can handle it, or saving it for the end so it doesn't ruin me for other songs. What would Renee Fleming do?

Should have more recording time tomorrow evening. Hope to post another sample then.
Love and back to work!
Mara

5 comments:

  1. Wow - mate - very cool! I got nosey and listened to the whole thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! So excited to hear the final mix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good to know that secret pages aren't so secret...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha... nothing is secret...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must have a really supportive girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!