Friday, March 12, 2010

More work today - and more coming!

Yay, finally some time to record!
Unfortunately, the two hours I had this morning were not as fruitful and productive as I had hoped. I had a long drive last night to think about backing vocals and electric guitar parts and other exciting additions, but instead I decided to focus on the Bass part for Is This My Life this morning. I thought I could knock it out quickly and move on to something else, but the part I have been playing with the band just does not sound right to me here. Either it's the drums that are different, or I'm just finally listening with a critical ear and realizing that paralleling the guitar part for the whole song is kind of boring and not particularly idiomatically suitable. So I decided to try to change my bass part, but now I'm worried that it sounds strange. Maybe it doesn't sound strange to YOU, but only to ME because I'm used to the old part.
What do you think?

Is This My Life with new bass

It was frustrating not to get more done, but hopefully on my way to work this afternoon I'll listen to the new bass part and love it a bit more. My plan is to spend a few more hours recording tomorrow morning, then use Sunday morning for some other design work I need to do.

I also have been in touch with Sarah Gensert (www.stumpdesign.com) about starting the design process for the t-shirt/website. THAT will be fun.

Thanks for listening,
Mara

1 comment:

  1. First time I hear this, I LOVE it !!!!
    I don't know much about making music but it
    totally got me.
    Thanks for the new post, we were running out
    of comments :-p

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!