Saturday, October 16, 2010

Overheard at DC Release Party: "They're kind of a short band." #maralevi

The overheards from the DC "We Listen to Fools" Release Party. Tweeted, upon request, with hashtag maralevi. This may be the best idea ever. Read on (editorial comments in italics):

The Pushovers do"Drink it Down"

  • "Woah! You took your shirt off! ....I was surprised." Another classy performance by #maralevi ;) What did you expect? It's like you don't even know me.
  • "she's the musical judy blume." A fan, on sarah maclachlan #maralevi Are you there, God? It's me, Sarah, and I want you to rescue this dog.
  • "we're drinking whiskey together for the first time as a band. It's important."--Mara, on bonding #maralevi
  •  When was the last time you heard a rock band sing in three part harmony? #maralevi
  • "she's like Tegan and Sara, only better." A fan, on @emilywhitemusic #maralevi Well...yeah.
  • "It's a bunch of lesbians who love reusable tote bags." @emilywhitemusic on her merch #maralevi Only fascists don't love reusable tote bags.
  • I kind of want to marry @emilywhitemusic. She's really lovely to listen to. And I do not shit abt music. #maralevi See above, reference Sara, Tegan and
  • "I'd rather be fat." --A fan, on running #maralevi I've been running before. I don't really want to do it again.
  • "They're kind of a short band." --A fan, on the pushovers' average height. #maralevi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!