Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I HAVE been working on things

I have been working feverishly to learn how to make every coffee drink under the sun this week, and have also been polishing my SAT-taking skills, but in my free time I HAVE done some great editing work on some of the songs on the album. I spent a big block of time working on the drums and bass for Sing So Loud, the song that is in 5-4. The drums came out so so well, but I needed to edit a couple of takes together (the engineer laid out the session so that each take was NEXT to the one before instead of creating new playlists. I know this is faster for him, but it made it really hard for me to cut and paste between drum tracks!).
I'm happy with the drums now, but am having trouble getting the bass to be an appropriate mix of pop, funk, and background. As a bass player, sometimes I want it to be fancier than it should...

ALSO, I got in touch with my friend Sarah who is a fabulous designer, and is going to help me with the icon/t-shirt/web design for the project. The goal for the T-shirts, since they are going to BE the album art, is for them to be informative, but also something people really want to wear. Any suggestions? Ideas? Know of a great deal on awesome bulk t-shirts?

In other news, there really IS a blizzard in New York tonight. It has been threatening to blizzard for days and days, but the snow gods have finally delivered, and there is about a foot of snow piled on top of everything outside. I was walking to work at 6 this morning, and found the city quite peaceful (if a little chilly).

Sooner,
Mara

2 comments:

  1. 16 days...... and no post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok.... 15 days.... I blame timezones... it would be 16 days where I am...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!